How do I log in to the ATS?

Once you Apply for a job, you will receive a Welcome email containing a link to the ATS portal.

Link to the ATS Portal

What do I do if I have forgotten my password?

You will need to click on the ‘forgot password’ link. An email will be sent to you with a link to reset this.

How long is the process?

Providing you have all the relevant documents available it can take up to 10 minutes. If you are unable to complete the application, you may come back at any time when it’s convenient for you.

What documents are required?

Documents that required are:

  • Photo (Passport size)
  • Right to work, etc.
  • Professional body memberships (if applicable)
  • Qualification certificates
  • DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) certificate

However, you will receive all the information in the Welcome email, so it is important you read through it.

I do not feel comfortable uploading my documents, can I send these by post or email?

Unfortunately we are unable to upload any documents on your behalf as we do not have access to edit your profile. We can assure you that our websites and servers are secure.

What file types can I upload?

Underneath each upload button, it will show you which types of documents we can accept.

I have lost my qualifications certificate - what do I do?

You will need to provide this as it is important that we assign you to the right Band rate. You may contact your educational provider directly or the Local Education Authorities (LEAs) for advice on how you can retrieve it.

I do not have any experience or interpreting qualifications- can I still be an interpreter?

Yes, you can start at entry level. However, we advise you to be fully qualified or have some voluntary experience.

Do you accept overseas qualifications?

Yes, as long as it is linguist related and you are able to provide proof of qualifications.

How do I become a qualified interpreter?

You can become a qualified interpreter by doing an intermediate level qualification called Community interpreting. For advanced level qualifications, DPSI (Diploma in Public Service Interpreting) courses are available.

What do I put on my application if I have not had 5 years of employment

You can add your education (school / college) just to show what you have been doing.

Do I need to provide information for every reference I have?

No, you are only required to provide reference details for the last 3 years, plus any referees for additional Linguist experience you have.

I do not have a DBS, how do I apply for one?

You can apply for a basic DBS check through the gov.uk website (https://www.gov.uk/request-copy-criminal-record) and this will cost £25.

My DBS is not clear and I have a few minor convictions- can I still be an interpreter?

Your application is screened by our Vetting team who will inform you of the decision. Please be aware that you may be asked for additional information about the conviction.

How many hours can I work if I have a student Visa?

If you have a student visa you can work up to 20 hours per week during term time, and full time hours out of term time. A copy of your timetable will need to be provided to confirm term dates.

How many assignments can I do?

This will depend on your availability and how many jobs we have available within your area.

What is an ICA?

An ICA is an Interpreter Competency Assessment. It is design to check your basic interpreting knowledge and consists of 30 questions. This will be conducted over the phone with a member of the Linguist Registration Team.

How do I book this assessment?

When you are logged in to your application, you will see an option on the left hand side to ‘submit application’. Under this section you can pick a date and time suitable for yourself. You will then be assigned to an assessor who will contact you at that time. Should there be any problems, the assessor will contact you directly to reschedule.

Do I get charged for an ID badge?

Yes, it costs £7 for your ID card to be created. This will be deducted from your first assignment.

If you refer 3 or more qualified interpreters (they need to take at least 3 or more assignments), we will waive off the charge. If you lose your ID card, it will incur a £7 charge for a replacement.

What happens when I have submitted my application?

When you have completed and submitted your application, it will be reviewed by a member of the Recruitment team. They will then be in touch within 5-7 working days.