JOB DESCRIPTION – REMOTE INTERPRETER REQUIRED (LOCATION)
To provide a professional telephone / video interpreting service to a range of public and private sector Clients on behalf of Language Empire.
Language Empire was established in 2001 to provide professional interpreting and translation services to public and private sectors across the UK. We are an employment Business and our client base includes Hospitals, Courts, Solicitors, Councils, Probation, Police and many more. We provide a wide range of services in all languages and dialects.
Language Empire are acting as an employment business on behalf of our clients. We are currently recruiting permanent Telephone and Video Interpreters.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Professional Remote Interpreting Support over the phone or via a video link to service users who have limited or no ability to communicate in English because their first language is not English. These services are to be provided to a range of public sector & private sector Clients.
- Prepare for assignment specific terminologies, e.g. Medical Terms for Hospital Assignments
- Intervene for clarification if you do not understand the terminology or message
- Indicate clearly if you are speaking on your own behalf (instead of interpreting the words of either none English speaker or the authorities) when intervening for any purpose.
- At the end of any session, inquire about any questions or concerns either party may have and ensure that the encounter has ended.
- You will also be required to manage an electronic diary and upload completed Job Sheets to our portal in a timely fashion.
Knowledge and Skills
- Previous experience as an interpreter is preferred
- Good knowledge of cultural and religious differences
- Good Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Good telephone manner
- Ability to cope with stress/ be calm under pressure
- Always welcoming, positive, polite, prompt and responsive
- Ability to prioritise/ manage time
- Interpreting qualifications; e.g. diploma or certificate in public services interpreting or equivalent experience